Leading the Way to a Healthier Tomorrow
Mission, Vision, Values & Standards of Ethical Condust
A. Mission StatementLeading the way to a healthier tomorrow through local access to quality care, delivered with compassion by a team of skilled healthcare professionals.
B. Vision StatementTo be recognized as the provider of choice for quality, compassionate healthcare services centered around the needs of our community.
C. Values & Standards of Behavior (REACH)Respect: Integrity. Concern for the wellbeing of others. Ethical behavior. Truthfulness. Doing the right thing.
Excellence: Strive for the highest quality in everything we do.
Accountability through ownership: Reliable. Self-motivated. Everyone's actions contribute to the overall success of the Hospital.
Compassion: Serve with understanding, sympathy and care.
Help Support Others: Work as a team. Each team member participates to find new and creative solutions.
D. Standards of Ethical Conduct1. Commitment to our patients, their families and the community. Everything we do is designed to provide quality care for the patients that we treat, their families, and the communities we serve.
2. Business ethics. All employees/agents must represent Pinckneyville Community Hospital accurately and honestly and must not engage in any activity intended to defraud anyone of money, property, services, or excellent quality care. No individual may use his/her position to profit personally or to assist others in profiting in any way at the expense of the Hospital. Each individual is responsible for using Hospital resources wisely and for the sole benefit of the Hospital's mission and values and should not accept personal gifts from patients.
3. Legal & regulatory compliance. Pinckneyville Community Hospital is committed to conducting all its activities in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
4. Confidentiality. All employees and agents must maintain the confidentiality of patient, employee and proprietary information.
5. Conflicts of interest. A conflict of interest is any situation where an employee/agent has a financial or business interest that might be in conflict with the financial or business interests of Pinckneyville Community Hospital when making decisions.
6. Vendor relationships. Employees must remain free from offers or solicitations for personal benefit of gifts, favors or other improper inducements and from performing their work in a particular fashion which benefits outside parties at the Hospital's expense.
7. Harassment. Pinckneyville Community Hospital will not tolerate any behavior which an employee feels is harassing or any behavior that creates a hostile work environment for them. Employees who feel they are being treated unfairly or being harassed should report such behaviors immediately through the chain of command for immediate investigation and action.